The Spirituality of Nonviolence

 The Spirituality of Nonviolence...

Franciscan peacemakers Rosemary lynch and Alan Richard have identified 10 “commandments” for those seeking to live a spiritual life of nonviolence. They call it “the decalogue for a spirituality of nonviolence”.

1.      Learn to recognize and respect “the sacred” and every person, including in ourselves, and in every piece of creation.

2.      To accept oneself deeply, “who I am” with all my gifts and riches, with all my limitations, errors, failings and weaknesses, and to realize that I am accepted by God.

3.      To recognize that what I resent, and perhaps even the detest in another, comes from my difficulty in admitting that this same reality lives also in me....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating our 10th Anniversary

4 Secrets To Longevity - All In Nature Promoting Peace!